On this page you may test the compliance of your pdf conference paper.
For maximal compatibility, the pdf files that are uploaded to the system are required to satisfy certain compliance requirements.
After the file has been uploaded it is checked for pdf compliance.
What is compliant pdf?
Manuscript compliance. Besides pdf compliance the conference and publisher
impose additional requirements on the manuscript, such as the number of pages, paper size,
text margins and file size. Be sure to use the Word or LaTeX template provided by the conference
and check out the submission requirements on the website of your conference
and the support section of the submission site.
The PDF Test of The PaperCept Conference Manuscript Management System not only checks your pdf file for pdf compliance but also for manuscript compliance
Consult the extensive Support
pages before and while preparing your paper.
If you have difficulties and all fails then please report your problem
We can only provide assistance if you
use the recommended Word template or
LaTeX cls file,
followed the pdf compilation procedures described in the Support section, and
are preparing a submission for a conference supported by this site.
When you write to us please
- state the conference for which you are preparing a submission,
- explain your problem clearly, and
attach (1) the pdf file, and (2) your Word file, or instead of the Word file
your dvi file and figure files as a zip or tar.gz file if you are a LaTeX user.
What is Compliant Pdf?
Click anywhere inside the window to close it
Pdf compliance refers to various technical properties of the pdf file.
These properties may be controlled by the software that compiles the file.
Pdf compliance may involve the following requirements:
- The file is not password protected for opening or editing
- The pdf file is searchable
- The pdf version is within specified limits
- All or some fonts that are used in the document are embedded in the file
- All or some of the embedded fonts are subset, that is, only the glyphs of the characters that are actually used are stored
- The file has no annotations in the pdf sense of the word. Pdf annotations include hyperlinks, form fields and other objects
- The pdf file has no bookmarks
These requirements serve to make the document as accessible as possible on as wide a range of computers as possible (1–4),
to reduce the file size (5), to eliminate security risks (6) and to ensure a uniform appearance (7).